Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
- Obtain one of the data sets available at the UCI Machine Learning Repository and apply as many of the different visualization techniques described in the chapter as possible. The bibliographic notes and book Web site provide pointers to visualization software.
- Identify at least two advantages and two disadvantages of using color to visually represent information.
- Describe one advantage and one disadvantage of a stem and leaf plot with respect to a standard histogram.
- How might you address the problem that a histogram depends on the number and location of the bins?
- Describe how a box plot can give information about whether the value of an attribute is symmetrically distributed. What can you say about the symmetry of the distributions of the attributes shown in Figure 3.11?
- Compare sepal length, sepal width, petal length, and petal width, using Figure3.12.
- Comment on the use of a box plot to explore a data set with four attributes: age, weight, height, and income.
- Give a possible explanation as to why most of the values of petal length and width fall in the buckets along the diagonal in Figure 3.9.
- Use Figures 3.14 and 3.15 to identify a characteristic shared by the petal width and petal length attributes.
- What are the arrangement issues that arise with respect to three-dimensional plots?
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using sampling to reduce the number of data objects that need to be displayed. Would simple random sampling (without replacement) be a good approach to sampling? Why or why not?
- Describe how you would create visualizations to display information that de-scribes the following types of systems.
- Computer networks. Be sure to include both the static aspects of the network, such as connectivity, and the dynamic aspects, such as traï¬ƒc.
- The distribution of speciï¬c plant and animal species around the world fora speciï¬c moment in time.
- The use of computer resources, such as processor time, main memory, and disk, for a set of benchmark database programs.
- The change in occupation of workers in a particular country over the last thirty years. Assume that you have yearly information about each person that also includes gender and level of education.
Be sure to address the following issues:
- Representation.How will you map objects, attributes, and relation-ships to visual elements?
- Arrangement. Are there any special considerations that need to be taken into account with respect to how visual elements are displayed? Speciï¬c examples might be the choice of viewpoint, the use of transparency, or the separation of certain groups of objects.
- Selection.How will you handle a large number of attributes and data objects