Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
*You must address all facets of the assignment (I, II & III) to earn maximum points.
The Eighth Amendment prohibits cruel and unusual punishment. Eighth Amendment lawsuits claim problems in medical care, the use of force by correctional officers, the failure of prison officials to protect inmates from attacks by other inmates, and improper conditions of confinement.
- Summarize the facts of the case in the grand jury indictment.
- Critically assess whether there were 8th Amendment violations of the rights of inmates in the men’s central jail?
- Review the sentencing document on Paul Tanaka (Undersheriff) Tanaka Sentence Document (Links to an external site.) link
- Respond: Did the undersheriff deserve to go to jail for his role in the conduct of his deputies? Did the Sheriff deserve to go to jail?
- Research a case that involves the violation of the rights of prisoners. Summarize the facts of the case.
- Research one of the U.S. Supreme Court case decision noted below that addresses the rights of prisonersâ€™. Is there a correlation between the conduct reported in the indictment, your independent researched case and the issues addressed in the Supreme court case decisions? Discuss your findings.
- Helling v. McKinney
- Pell v. Procunier
- Wolff v. McDonnell
- Cooper v. Morin
- Coffin v. Reichard
- Farmer v. Brenna.
- You may also research -Additional Categories: County Jail conditions; Disability Rights; Excessive Force; General Conditions; Overcrowding.
Develop a 10- to 15-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation that includes all three facet of the bullets noted above. **Include detailed explanations in the speaker notes section that correlate with each point.
Include videos, audio, photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate the paper and presentation consistent with APA guidelines format
*You will be graded on both your written and response to the presentations of your colleagues.
- The written PowerPoint presentation is worth 20 points.
*Follow the 7X7 rule when completing your PowerPoint. No more seven bullets per slide. Note details/summary of the case in the speaker notes section at the bottom of the slide. Include a cover and reference page. Be sure to include graphics in your presentation slides. Brief video clips are allowed.
The link below is a youtube video on how to complete a powerpoint presentation.
As a reminder, you are not sending out a text message or tweet, so when writing your post, use proper English, grammar and writing mechanics.
Use the “Reply” icon to start your discussion. Once you type and spell-check your thread, use the “Post Reply” icon to submit your thoughts. Use can also review the Canvas video on posting discussions.
Participants must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum.