Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Prepare an evaluation (5-7 pages) of an existing QI initiative to determine if the initiative is effective.
Too often, discussions about quality health care, care costs, and outcome measures take place in isolation—various groups talking among themselves about results and enhancements. Nurses are critical to the delivery of high-quality, efficient health care. As a result, they must develop their skills in reviewing and evaluating performance reports. They also need to be able to communicate outcome measures related to quality initiatives effectively. Patient safety and positive institutional health care outcomes mandate collaboration among nursing staff members to ensure the integration of their perspectives in all quality care initiatives.
In the first assessment, you analyzed an adverse event or a near miss, and outlined a QI initiative to address it. This assessment will give you practice and the confidence to evaluate a quality care initiative in much the same way you might in your health care setting to help determine if the initiative is effective.
Too often, discussions about quality health care, care costs, and outcome measures take place in isolation—each group talking among themselves about results and enhancements. Because nurses are critical to the delivery of high-quality, efficient health care, it is essential that they develop the proficiency to review, evaluate performance reports, and be able to effectively communicate outcome measures related to quality initiatives. The nursing staff’s perspective and the need to collaborate on quality care initiatives are fundamental to patient safety and positive institutional health care outcomes.
Imagine you have been asked to prepare and deliver an analysis of an existing QI initiative at your workplace. The QI initiative you choose to analyze should be related to a specific disease, condition, or public health issue of personal or professional interest to you, or you may use the hospice information provided in the
Vila Health: Data Analysis
activity in this assessment. The purpose of the report is to assess whether the specific quality indicators point to improved patient safety, quality of care, cost and efficiency goals, and other desired metrics. Your target audience is nurses and other health professionals with specializations or interest in your chosen condition, disease, or public health issue.
In your report, you will:
· Analyze a current QI initiative in a health care setting.
. Identify what prompted implementation of the QI initiative.
. Evaluate problems that arose during the initiative or problems that were not addressed.
· Evaluate the success of a current QI initiative through recognized benchmarks and outcome measures as required to meet national, state, or accreditation requirements.
. Identify the core performance measurements related to successful treatment or management of the condition.
. Evaluate the impact of the quality indicators on the health care facility.
· Incorporate interprofessional perspectives related to the success of actions used in the QI initiative as they relate to functionality and outcomes.
· Recommend additional indicators and protocols to improve and expand outcomes of a current quality initiative.
· Ensure your analysis conveys purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
Be sure to address all of the bullet points. You may also want to read the Quality Improvement Initiative Evaluation Scoring Guide to better understand the performance levels that relate to each grading criterion. Additionally, be sure to review the
Guiding Questions: Quality Improvement Initiative Evaluation [DOCX] document for additional clarification about things to consider when creating your assessment.
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
· Length of submission: A minimum of five but no more than seven double-spaced, typed pages, not including the title page and References section.
· Number of references: Cite a minimum of four sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your evaluation, recommendations, and plans. Current source material is defined as no older than five years unless it is a seminal work
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style. Review the
Evidence and APA section of the Writing Center for guidance.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 2: Plan quality improvement initiatives in response to routine data surveillance.
. Recommend additional indicators and protocols to improve and expand outcomes of a quality initiative.
· Competency 3: Evaluate quality improvement initiatives using sensitive and sound outcome measures.
. Analyze a current quality improvement initiative in a health care setting.
. Evaluate the success of a current quality improvement initiative through recognized benchmarks and outcome measures as required to meet national, state, or accreditation requirements.
· Competency 4: Integrate interprofessional perspectives to lead quality improvements in patient safety, cost effectiveness, and work life quality.
. Incorporate interprofessional perspectives related to the success of actions utilized in a quality improvement initiative as they relate to functionality and outcomes.
· Competency 5: Apply effective communication strategies to promote quality improvement of interprofessional care.
. Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
Quality Improvement Initiative Evaluation
This document is designed to give you questions to consider and additional guidance to help you successfully complete the Quality Improvement Initiative Evaluation assessment. You may find it useful to use this document as a prewriting exercise, an outlining tool, or a final check to ensure you have sufficiently addressed all the grading criteria for this assessment. This document is a resource to help you complete the assessment.
Do not turn in this document as your assessment submission.
Remember, you are analyzing a current QI initiative that is already in place. You are not creating a new QI initiative (Assessment 3).
Analyze a current quality improvement initiative in a health care setting.
· What prompted the implementation of the quality improvement initiative?
· What problems were not addressed?
· What problems arose from the initiative?
Evaluate the success of a current quality initiative through recognized benchmarks and outcome measures.
· What benchmarks or outcome measures were used to evaluate success? Consider requirements for national, state, or accreditation standards.
· What was most successful?
Incorporate interprofessional perspectives related to initiative functionality and outcomes.
· How does the interprofessional team contribute to the success of the QI initiative?
· What are the perspectives of interprofessional team members involved in the initiative?
· Who did you talk to? From what other professions? How did their input impact your analysis?
Recommend additional indicators and protocols to improve and expand outcomes of a current quality initiative.
· What process or protocol changes would you recommend?
· What added technologies would improve quality outcomes?
· What outcome measures are missing, or could be added?
Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
· Is your analysis logically structured?
· Is your analysis 5–7 double-spaced pages (not including title page and reference list)?
· Is your writing clear and free from errors?
· Does your analysis include both a title page and reference list?
· Did you use a minimum of four sources? Were they published within the last five years?
· Are they cited in current APA format throughout the analysis?