Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Two parts of work.
Part 1- using recording technology to create a piece of music and examine your auditory environment. Making listeners learn about your everyday life through your music piece and make a statement about what sounds are significant and meaningful.
(choose one piece from the three options)
- Soundscape tradition: select and organize sound from the environment to create a sense of place and a “highlights” version of your lived experience in it.
- Musique concrete tradition: taking sounds from the environment and manipulating them to create a musical exploration of everyday sounds.
- Song tradition: using rhythms found in or created out of sounds in your environment as the basis for a song.
Requirements: in mp3 format. Record and organized sounds from your environment, (enable you to explain why you chose them and how you used them in your piece.)
CAN NOT be one continuous recording of the environment. Choose which to include, and editing them (cutting, copying and pasting)
Part 2- 1000 words written reflection
Discuss your creative process and decisions, and what your piece capture and communicates about your daily life.
- Discussion of the tradition you choose and what particular aspects of works in that tradition informed your approach to the project
- Discussion of how you selected sounds and chose to organize them, in terms of both their musical qualities and what you sought to capture and communicate about daily life
- Anything additional a listener should know in order to fully appreciate the piece.
- Discoveries made, or insights arrived at through the process of making the piece.