Week 2 – Journal
This journal assesses your ability to apply collaboration and cooperation as it relates to action research proposals. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome 5.
InstructionsUsing support from your assigned reading, the Instructor Guidance, and the discussions, submit the following for evaluation. Use the following guidelines for creating your written assignment. If you have questions about the assignment or the rubric, please contact your Instructor using the Ask Your Instructor discussion before the due date.
In your paper,Choose one topic (8 points) from below and reflect on the value of action research within the education profession. Be sure to support your reflection with information from the Lloyd (2002) article and your textbook.
- (Improve pre and in-service training, mentorship, and team building.
- Promote the use of new and alternative methods for teaching.
- Encourage teachers to organize their work in teams and to apply problem-oriented teaching methods.) Topics to choose from
The Journal Assignment
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Journal: Action Research
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Next Steps: Review and submit the assignment
- Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to ensure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit your document no later than Day 7.
Recommendation: The MAED and MASE programs provide the opportunity for you to create an online portfolio that can be used in your career development and professional practice. Throughout your respective program you will have various assessments that can be included in this e-portfolio, and these will be finalized in the final capstone course, Capstone 2: Culminating Project, EDU696. You may select this assignment and subsequent coursework to include as work samples. Therefore, it is strongly encouraged you save your coursework on a flash-drive (e.g., a USB removable drive) or store in a cloud-based option such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or other similar applications.
Success Tip: Be mindful of the Week Six Final Project. The Week Six project involves reflecting on an action research proposal. Preparation for this assignment must begin early to make certain you are planning ahead and saving your work. Review the full instructions for the week six assignment for specific information.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your journal assignment.