For this discussion you are asked to research one of the following using the Excelsior Library (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.:
- The Facebook Experiment
- Stanford Prison Experiment
- Stanley Milgram’s “obedience to authority” study
Then, read: The Belmont Report (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
In your discussion post, please:
- Share the study you have chosen from the three studies listed.
- Apply Part B: Basic Ethical Principles from the Belmont Report to the study you selected.
- Describe the study design and tell how it did or did not meet each of these three expectations (1. Respect for Persons, 2. Beneficence, and 3. Justice).
- Redesign the study showing how this standard could be met and the study still be conducted today.
In order to succeed at this discussion you will need to locate at least two academic resources that discuss the idea of ethical behavior in the social sciences and support your initial response. (See the EC Library study guide for the Liberal Arts)