Answer the following questions in essay format. For additional details, see the Case Assignment directions below.
- How does experiencing trauma affect a person’s life?
- Describe the term epigenetics. How does stress play a role in epigenetics?
- Describe an event in history that could have caused stress-related changes to the next generation (some examples include the Holocaust, 9-11 terrorist attack, the Dutch famine of 1944). Include the disorders these children experienced (such as anxiety, depression, mental disorders, etc).
- Why might it be helpful to know how children will be affected by trauma their parents experienced?
- What kinds of events going on in the world right now could be producing similar effects in future generations?