Digital current events
Due: February 26,2017
o Demonstrate knowledge of news articles from electronic sources related to contemporary issues in U.S. K-12 urban education (NOT college or university level). It should be about some educational policy, either national, statewide, or local.
o Write a critical response, in prose format, (2 pages, DOUBLE SPACED, 1” MARGINS, FOOTER). There is no need for a title or header as your name, class, assignment are in already in footer (see below).
o Sample Sources: (NOT Huffington Post, opinion pages, or blogs)
▪ Newspapers: www.boston.com; www.chicagotribune.com; www.csmonitor.com; www.latimes.com; baltimoresun.com
▪ www.nytimes.com; www.sunspot.net; www.washingtonpost.com
▪ Magazines: Newsweek, Time, US News, etc.
▪ Other: www.ap.org; www.bbc.co.uk; www.cnn.com; www.npr.org
Refer to Rubric Below:
o Did you reference the article specifically? Use quotes from the article?
o Analyze the article in terms of the author’s critical thinking.
▪ Who wrote the article and why? Multiple perspectives?
▪ Statistics? What information or perspective is missing?
▪ This paper should be on US K-12 urban education, should be 2 page critical analysis of the “Article” used validated the source
o Did you make connections and references to the class readings?
o Did you provide YOUR opinion on the event?
o Always provide footer in THIS FORMAT: