Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
You are invited to reflect on the nature of art and its fundamental principles. Two types of art are offered for a debate: Representation versus Abstraction; and the idea of context is presented (the time and place in which the artwork was created). For a complete understanding of these terms and how to apply them, you should also read Chapter 1 of your textbook: The Nature of Art and Creativity.
- Watch two video-talks:
- Go to Discussions in the course menu area, locate Module 1 – Discussion Assignment 2: Representation versus Abstraction, and Context in the Art forum, write a three (3) paragraph minimum essay identifying which type of art (representational or abstract) is more appealing to you and why. In your opinion, what major quality constitutes Art? How important is the context in appreciating and understanding an artwork?
Listen attentively to the experts in the videos and learn from their informed discussion on how to analyze and critique a work of art. Build your text on the points they bring up in their talk and share your own take on the subject. Feel free to agree or disagree with them and your classmates but base your case on valid points and arguments.
- Then choose two artworks from https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/beta/ (Links to an external site.). Click on the left menu bar.
You may choose by clicking on the “Themes” or “Collections” from the left menu bar.
- Find an example of one representational work and one abstract work.
- List the a) name, b) artist, c) date and d) medium of the works. Please also copy and paste links to the artwork (see the tutorial on how to copy link (Links to an external site.)).
- Use these two works as examples in your essay to support your opinions and ideas about representation, abstraction, and context in art.
- Reply to at least two of your classmates. Your initial posting should be a minimum three (3) paragraphs in length, while your responses should be at least one (1) paragraph.