Part 1 – Overview of Organization/Problem
In a two-to three-page paper:
- Provide an overview of your chosen organization and the problem/issue that challenges that organization.
- Your overview should include histories, philosophies, cultures, size, financial status, etc.
- Detail how the problem/issue affects (or can affect) the future viability of the organization.
- Finally, discuss the principle role of human resources in an organization and how human resources can provide critical advice and counsel to the organization in addressing this challenge.
The complete instructions for Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the Final Paper can be found in Week 5 of your online course or in the â€œComponents of Course Evaluationâ€ section of this guide.
The Part 1 â€“ Overview of Organization/Problem paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s APA Style resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least two (2) scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s Citing Within Your Paper guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References Listresource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.