Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
A network administratorâ€™s job is to understand and troubleshoot network protocols.
Administrators commonly use a tool called Wireshark, which enables you to analyze protocols and acts as a â€œpacket sniffer,â€ intercepting and logging traffic and providing insight into the network activities.
For this exercise, download and install Wireshark.
Open the routing.pcap file in Wireshark and respond to the following questions:
- Compare and contrast the RIPv1, RIPv2, OSPF, and EIGRP routing protocols.
- Which routing protocols use multicast and which use broadcast?
- What are the multicast addresses used by the routing protocols?
- Is TCP or UDP used?
- What is the port number?
- Are you able to find the autonomous system number for EIGRP in the packet details? How did you locate it?
- How do you think parsing through capture files will help you better understand routing protocols and networking?