Answer these and submit. Make sure you have details and substance to your answers.
- Explain the multitude of factors leading to the turn of the century urbanization
- What sociological issues were critical during this urbanization of America
- Validate this statement: â€œCities represented â€˜humanity compressedâ€™ the best and worst combined in a strangely composite community.â€
- How did the nature of U.S. immigration change in the 1880s?
- What are the key factors which triggered this immigration explosion?
- Was turn of the century America a â€œmelting potâ€ or â€œmosaicâ€? Explain.
- America has historically been viewed as the “Promised Land.” Examining the years 1870-1920 assess the extent to which American cities have been a land of refuge and opportunity for immigrants.