Examine an existing IEP of a student who has been diagnosed with a learning disability and develop three lesson plans: one for reading, one for math, and one for written expression. Select an LD student from one of the following grade levels: preschool, elementary, or secondary education. Utilize previous research to identify the student’s learning style and match the curriculum methods with the style.
The lesson plan format includes the following direct instruction format:
- Objectives (observable and measurable)
- Anticipatory set
- Procedures (include instructional models)
- Activities: guided practice/monitoring (identify student’s learning style)
- Independent practice
- Student assessment
In a 500-750-word reflection, describe how the materials are adapted in school settings to accommodate students with special needs. Include in the description:
- The impact of learning styles.
- What strategies are used to notify the regular education teacher to ensure that modifications are implemented?
- What steps are undertaken if the teacher does not accommodate the student’s special needs or learning style?