As you do your research about CAM, it is vital to establish what information is credible and reliable. By the time you complete this assignment you should have made some decisions about the credibility and reliability of information related to CAM.
Create an 8- to 10-slide presentation (MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ®, Prezi, etc.) that provides guidance for assessing credibility and reliability of an online source about CAM information. Ensure you:
- Describe how a consumer’s attitudes and beliefs about CAM could affect the assessment of reliability and credibility of source information about CAM.
- Create five objective criteria to evaluate the credibility and reliability of a source of information on CAM. Discuss how you arrived at each criterion and how it can help assess reliability of source information.
- Select a CAM therapy or modality different from the one you selected in Week 1, and do research for information about this therapy or modality.
- Using the five objective criteria you created above, provide a review on one of the websites you found in your search and evaluate the reliability and credibility of the information it presents on CAM. Ensure you:
- Explain how the website met or did not meet each of the criterion you created.
- Describe steps the website could take to increase its credibility, if necessary.
- Include detailed speaker notes and reference citations formatted according to APA guidelines.
Present the Assessing Reliability and Credibility of CAM Resources Presentation according to your campus enrollment listed below:
- For Local Campus students: an oral presentation accompanied by a visual presentation (at the discretion of faculty)
- For Online and Directed Study students: a visual presentation with a speaker notes document