Virtual Visit Assignment (3-6 pages, double-spaced) – Replaces Library Learning Assignment in Week 4
Virtually visit a public facility (i.e., use the Internet to find a virtual tour on video or using a technology like Google “Street View”) and develop a report on the risk exposures that you see.
OK, that is the assignment. Here are some guidelines/suggestions:
- If you find a virtual tour that doesn’t have people in it, please envision the facility filled with the usual number of people. That will help you identify risks.
- Try to find one that has both exterior and interior views so you can identify any exterior and entrance/exit risks as well as those inside.
- If you are at a loss for ideas, here are a couple places I found (which should present lots of risk exposures):
- Grand Central Terminal, New York https://www.youvisit.com/tour/grandcentral
- Washington DC Metro Stations (6 stations have virtual tours – Union Station, Gallery Place, Metro Center, L’Enfant Plaza, Archives, and Judiciary Square). Go to https://www.wmata.com/rider-guide/stations/#main-content and click on the station name.
- You are free to find your own facility to evaluate, but you MUST include, as a reference, the site you use.