1. You are asked to look at the four housing associations reviewed in Chapter 8 â€“ Housing Association Case Study of ERM in a Changing Marketplace (Pages 119-142).
1.1 Choose one association, in Chapter 8, that most closely resembles a similar local area in Tampa Bay to compare and contrast. Provide Support
1.2 Select a secondary UK housing association, within Chapter 8 include in the comparison.
- The association data in chapter 8 was drawn, in 2013, from current real cases. It may help to investigate the â€œactualâ€ cases and their contexts for further insight and ideas for this case.
- You can find current comparison and contrast data for these associations using an internet search engine (Google, Microsoft Edge, Bing, etcâ€¦)
- For each of the two housing associations selected in question 1, please answer the following three main questions:
- What do you assess as the biggest risks facing the association and what is your assessment of these risks? Note that â€œfor profitâ€ activities such as building houses for sale can also contribute to an associationâ€™s goals (e.g., to provide affordable housing).
- Considering the list of products in the â€œBackgroundâ€ section (page 119-120), how do you rate their potential risks and returns for the association? The rating should consider how they stack up against the associationâ€™s charitable aims, viability constraints, and associationâ€™s operating environment.
- In the light of the associationâ€™s financial position and its charitable aims, how high should be the risk appetite of the association? Is one of the generic strategies listed in the â€œSector Issuesâ€ section (pages 120-122) appropriate for the association, and if not, then what is the associationâ€™s strategy?
- Apply critical thinking and the learning from the major objectives of this weekâ€™s material.
- Formal writing and all APA formats are required. (In 500-800 words, not including title page, in-text citations and reference page. You are not penalized for going over the word count unless the information is not relevant or superfluous. Please use an introduction, conclusion and headings) (See: Purdue OWL APA writing guidelines)
- You MUST include a minimum of one quality SPC online library source to support your ideas as well as your textbook. Also, be sure to cite your textbook within your work and in the reference page.
- Submit a MS Word document (*.docx).
PDF of Textbook attached.