Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Ashford 5: – Week 4 – Assignment
Informal Assessment PresentationAccording to the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the assessment of children’s development and learning is essential for teachers and programs in order to plan, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of the classroom experiences.For this assignment, you will create an informal assessment presentation that you could share with prospective employers, your administrator, or other teachers and colleagues. Since you will be presenting to others in the field, there is no need to explain the basics of the assessment; rather, use this assignment to dive deeper with your explanation. This presentation should be a showcase of the knowledge you have regarding three specific informal assessments that are developmentally appropriate for children as well as your critical reflection of how you view the assessment adding to the quality of your program for your children. Choose three specific assessments from the list below:
- Anecdotal Records
- Event Sampling
- Rating Scales
- Running Record
- Teacher and Child Self-Assessments
- Time Sampling
For each assessment:
- Describe how the assessment will be used to support the following areas:
- Planning and Adapting Curriculum
- Improving Teacher and Program Effectiveness
- Tracking Children’s Progress for Teachers and Families
- Screening for Special Needs.
- Discuss the advantages of using the assessment.
- Explain the potential obstacles of using the assessment.
- Develop a plan of action to attempt to overcome obstacles.
While the required content will stay the same, you may be creative with how you will present your work. Some ideas include:
- Video or Audio Presentation, speaking to the required content. You will be able to send this to individuals throughout your career. Be sure to check the compatibility of your file when uploading to be sure of visibility and clarity. If you choose this option, be sure to attach the link to your work in a Word document for submission.
- Visual/Text. You can create a text-based reflection using Word, PowerPoint, or PDF format to send to individuals throughout your career. If you select this option, it is suggested that you save your work as a PDF, which would allow you to send the file to potential employers in a widely accessible, professional format.
- Jing. You can use this free web-based software tool to create a presentation. This can be saved and shared easily with others using an active web link. If you choose this option, be sure to attach the link to your work in a Word document for submission.
For this assignment, be sure you have addressed the four requirements with careful thought and college-level writing. Please integrate your own insights and reflections, as well as research, as you complete this assignment. Additionally, refer to the textbook as well as at least one additional scholarly source. Citations must be properly formatted in APA style.Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.