Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
1. Select one (1) of the following questions for research. Research sources of information can include Internet sources, books, articles, videos, etc. Every explanation must include a picture/diagram that helps detail your answer. Then post your answer to one of these in Web Research 6.
- Discuss the evidence for Snowball Earth.
- What is the Snowball Earth hypothesis?
- What evidence exists that the Earth was covered with ice?
- When did Snowball Earth events take place?
- How did the Earth turn into a snowball? What caused it?
- Provide pictures/diagrams to illustrate.
- How did the continental crust of the Earth form?
- How is the continental crust different from the oceanic crust?
- What was there before continental crust formed?
- Where do we find remnants of Earth’s earliest continental crust?
- What type of rocks are these?
- Provide pictures and/or diagrams to illustrate.
- What lifeforms existed during the Archean?
- What are stromatolites?
- Discuss the importance of stromatolites in the formation of Earth’s modern atmosphere.
- Do paleontologists believe that stromatolites were the earliest organisms on Earth? Why or why not?
- Discuss and provide evidence for other lifeforms during the Archean.
- Provide at least one picture or diagram.
- What are stromatolites?
- What are banded iron formations?
- Where do we find them?
- Why are they so important relative to the early atmosphere on Earth?
- Are they still forming today? Why or why not?
- Provide a picture or diagram.
2. In Web Research 6
- State the question(s) you selected to research.
- Post a synopsis, based on the results of your research, with answers to the question (and the sub-questions) selected. In the synopsis, include a brief explanation of the significance of the knowledge you learned from your research (two paragraphs) and on the importance to historical geology (one paragraph).
- Cite the reference source(s) of your research in proper citation format.
Grading Criteria Demonstrates comprehension of research question through detailed explanations. 3 points Applies concepts, definitions, etc. from assigned readings or other reference resources. 3 points Includes an explanation of the importance to the study of Historical Geology. 2 points Picture or diagram provided 1 point Writing is clear, concise and free of spelling and grammatical errors. Uses APA Style to cite reference sources. 2 points Comments to two (2) other students’ postings. 4 points TOTAL 15 points
Do not worry about commenting on other students.