Discussion – Week 2
Analyze a Health Theory or Model
As a health professional, it is important to understand the theories and models that underlie your work. They can be indispensable in guiding your decisions and actions. In this Discussion, you will apply a health theory or model to the levels of influence in the social ecology of health model.To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the following models and theories from Chapter 4 of the text and Part 2 of ” Theory at a Glance”:
- The Health Belief Model
- Theory of Planned Behavior
- Transtheoretical/Stages of Change Model
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Diffusion of Innovation Theory
- Review the social ecology of health model with its associated theories by completing the following exercise:http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/Walden/HLTH/2110/04/mm/hlth2110_seh_model_2.html
- Select of the models or theories from the list above that coincides with one of the five hierarchical levels in the social ecology of health model.
- Reflect upon how the model or theory explains a health condition associated with the previously Healthy People assigned focus area.
By Day 4, post a comprehensive response to the following:
- In your own words, describe one way that the chosen theory explains your Healthy People assigned focus area. Use terms from the model or theory in your explanation, and be sure to cite your sources appropriately.
- Now state the hierarchical level or levels (i.e., interpersonal, intrapersonal, organizational, community, and society) in the social ecology of health model that corresponds with your chosen theory. Please explain why it is related to the hierarchical level(s).
- Be sure to cite your supporting documentation appropriately in correct APA format.
I have attatched ch4 textbook information