Paper Assignment: A Detailed Film Paper
To write an effective Film Paper you need to study carefully chapter 12, “Putting It Together” of your assigned book, Media Studies. The chapter leads you step by step to writing a good Film Paper. See also the footnote below for a general description of a Research Paper.
-Your topic must be related to the main focus of this class “Arabic Film and Media,” choose one Film or Media Documentary to analyze using the components described in chapter 12.
– Paper Length: 8 – 10 double-spaced pages.
-Show clear understanding of research methods as well as purpose and audience.
– -Use MLA (Modern Language Association) writing format. Consult the Modern Language Association Handbook latest edition.
– To avoid unintentional plagiarism, all sources used must be properly documented within your paper, with a bibliography or a works cited page at the end.
– You also need to use a cover page based on MLA.
– You must adhere strictly to these requirements in order for you to receive full credit for this important assignment.
Best of Luck!
***In general, writing a research paper involves familiarizing yourself with the works of experts in the field of a given subject (Arabic Film and Media here), such works are expressed in scholarly books, articles, or through interviews, to build upon what you know about the subject, comparing their thoughts on the topic, and eventually coming up with your own insightful conclusion. The final paper will be a unique and appropriate reflection on evidence you have located in your research, and a touch of insights generated from your own thought. Given that for this class you are assigned to write a Film Paper, use research as needed and adhere mainly to the description of a Film Paper detailed in chapter 12 of your book, Film Studies.