My race is Afr. Am., gender is female and major is accounting. I also need to reply to 2 of my fellow classmates. I will send the thread once I sign the agreement.
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Define achieved and ascribed status.
- Choose 5 statuses to describe yourself. These should be a mixture of ascribed and achieved statuses. (Examples of statuses include: your race, gender, age, education level, income level, and so on. Do not include personality traits, such as being friendly, driven, hard-working, and so forth.)
- How does ascribed status affect achieved status?
- How do these statuses contribute to how you view yourself and how you view others?
- How could your college degree or career change affect your social status?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.