Problems in human services organizations do not arrive in labeled packages with clear instructions on how to solve them. It is up to human services administrators to identify problems and strategies to address them. It is important to consider the steps or actions those human services administrators can take to address problems. It is also important to consider what an administrator can do to prevent problems from occurring initially.
For this Assignment, view the “Structural Framework: Authority and Supervision” video and select a problem in human services articulated by one of the human services administrators. As you listen to the video, think about the responsibilities of human services administrators in solving problems. Consider how the administrators used supervision and/or authority to address the problem. Finally, consider whether the administrator might have prevented the problem.
The assignment (2–3 pages):
· Briefly identify the human services administrator you selected from this week’s video.
· Describe the problems associated with the administrator you selected.
· Describe the responsibilities of the human services administrator related to the problem he or she outlined in the Roundtable Discussion.
· Explain how the administrator used authority and/or supervision to address problems in his or her organization.
· Explain whether the administrator might have prevented the problem outlined in the Roundtable Discussion and why or why not.
· Share an insight about the role of human services administrators in preventing and addressing problems in human services organizations.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course. You should include in your references at least two resources included in this week’s resources and at least one outside scholarly resource.