Your research proposal is the culmination of your course project, comprising all of the work you have completed in the previous units. For this assignment, consolidate your work from all previous units into a 10–12 page paper containing the following sections, and include all applicable revisions and feedback received from your peers and the instructor on individual assignments and discussions.
Please see the Research Proposal Template for more details on this assignment.
In the body of your paper, include the following components:
- Abstract. Write an abstract of your research proposal. The abstract is a brief summary of each part of your proposal, not simply an introduction.
- Research Topic. An appropriate research topic derived from the literature.
- Research Problem Statement: Include your Unit 3 assignment, revised as needed to meet the requirements of this section. Provide background information on the problem you are planning to investigate, including a succinct problem statement and a purpose statement that links the literature with the current research, research questions, and hypotheses.
- Literature Review: Include your assignment from Unit 4, making sure to incorporate all applicable revisions and feedback received from your peers and the instructor.
- Research Study Design: Incorporate your revised Unit 7 assignment to meet this section of the final project. Identify the type of research study you are conducting (phenomenology, case study, correlational analysis, et cetera).
- Describe the following elements of your research study design:
- Data Collection Plan:
- Participant selection.
- Data to be collected.
- Data collection instruments.
- Expected Findings: Identify how your research would contribute to existing scholarship and professional applications.
- Ethical and Legal Issues: Be sure that your paper includes an assessment of how you will deal with potential ethical and legal issues that might arise in your study. Submit your research proposal as an attachment in the assignment area.
- Data Collection Plan:
You will need to submit your assignment to Turnitin prior to submitting it to your instructor. Include your Turnitin report with your assignment submission. Directions on how to use Turnitin can be found in the Resources.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA current edition style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 10 resources.
- Length of paper: 10–12 typed double-spaced pages, not including title page or references. Please use the Research Proposal Template to help you organize this assignment.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.