Submission Type: Word document (brief essay/speech review)
For this activity, watch the following the Persuasive Speech posted below. You can start the speech at the 28 second mark.
After viewing the speech, please respond to the following in a 1-2 page essay (Word Document):
1.) Comment on the speech’s introduction (1-2 paragraphs):
- Did the speaker effectively establish credibility (ethos) in the introduction? Explain.
- Did the speaker effectively relate the topic to the audience in the introduction? Explain.
- Did the speaker provide a clear thesis statement and a clear preview the main points in the introduction? What are the speaker’s three main points?
2.) Comment on the content of the speech (1-2 paragraphs):
- Did speaker clearly cite 5 credible sources?
- Overall, was the speech persuasive to you? Why or why not?
3.) Comment on the speaker’s delivery, such as eye contact, movement, speaking voice, volume, posture, etc. (1-2 paragraphs)
- What delivery elements did the speaker do well? What delivery elements can the speaker work on?
4.) Finally, discuss at least 2 strengths and at least 2 areas of improvement (weaknesses) of the speech. (1-2 paragraphs)
NOTE: Because you will be commenting on the speaker’s delivery in #3, focus your strengths and weaknesses on other areas (such as the content of the message, the speaker’s sources, the organization of the speech, the speaker’s attention-getter and conclusion, etc.)