1) What is the most fundamental purpose of investigation? What are four objectives of investigation?
2) Of what significance is the work of Pinkerton and his National Detective Agency? What is a rogues’ gallery?
3) What are the different human sources of DNA material identified in Chapter 1?
4) Define arrest. Distinguish arrest from detention.
5) Is a “John Doe” arrest warrant valid under any circumstances? Explain. Define and discuss probable cause.
6) What skills and qualities are needed by investigators? What are the objectives of crime scene investigation?
7) Why is crime scene coordination so important? What are the three broad categories of evidence?