Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Since publication in 1998 of the seminal report from the Institute of Medicine (IOM), â€œTo Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System by L. T. Kohn, J. M. Corrigan, and M. S. Donaldson on the issue of medical errors and adverse events, much focus and effort by government and private institutions has been to improve patient safety and quality of care.
Since publication of â€œTo Err is Humanâ€, several other important reports were published:
- The Urgent Need to Improve Healthcare Quality by M. R. Chassin and R. W. Galvin.
- Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century by the Committee on Quality Health Care in America
- National Healthcare Quality Report by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Free from Harm: Accelerating Patient Safety Improvement Fifteen Years after To Err is Human. National. Patient Safety Foundation (2015). Click on this link to read the article.
- For the Publicâ€™s Health: Investing in a Healthier Future. Institute of Medicine; Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice; Committee on Public Health Strategies to Improve Health (2012). Click on this link to read the article.
- Improving Diagnosis in Healthcare. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. (2015)
Complete the following for this assignment:
- Choose one (1) of those reports published since â€œTo Err is Human.â€, and describe its impact on the quality of health care in the United States.
- How could you use the concepts of the report that you chose to assess and subsequently improve the quality of health care in your health care organization?
Note: Use APA style to cite at least 2 scholarly sources from the last 5 years in addition to the chosen report.