Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Whipps, J., Byra, M., Gerow, K. G., & Guseman, E. H. (2018). Evaluation of nighttime media use and sleep patterns in first-semester college students. American Journal of Health Behavior, 42(3), 47-55. DOI: 10.5993/AJHB.42.3.5
In this second portion of the Final Exam, you will critically evaluate a quantitative research study on a social science topic. Your instructor will post an announcement with the reference for the article assigned for the exam. The study will be from a peer-reviewed journal and published within the last 10 years.
In the body of your critique, describe the statistical approaches used, the variables included, the hypothesis(es) proposed, and the interpretation of the results. In your conclusion, suggest other statistical approaches that could have been used and, if appropriate, suggest alternative interpretations of the results. This process will allow you to apply the concepts learned throughout the course in the interpretation of actual scientific research.
Your critique must include the following sections and information:
- This section will introduce the assigned peer-reviewed quantitative study.
- Identify clearly the research questions and/or hypothesis(es) as well as the purpose of the study.
- Describe the procedures and methods of data collection, measures/instruments used, the participants and how they were selected, and the statistical techniques used.
- Summarize in this section the results presented in the study.
- Evaluate the efficacy of the research study by discussing the following:
- Address the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of the study and suggest future research directions.
- Include additional forms of statistical analyses as part of the suggestions for future research.
- Summarize the main points of your evaluation of the study.
- Explain how the statistical test used in the study could be applied to your future career. Give one example.
- Discuss how your ability to critique quantitative research could impact your future career.
The Final Exam Part 2 paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted