Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The purpose of the Case Assignment is to create a “Live Case” by experiencing the process of coaching. Because this case is designed around experiential learning, we can go beyond the conceptual knowledge covered in the reading materials to actual skills building. This requires putting what you are learning into immediate practice.
In this second module, you will be working with your coachee to choose a problem to work on or a behavior that your coachee would like to change. Drawing on the background reading for Modules 1 and 2, you will plan and carry out a coaching session that involves stages G and R of the GROW model. There is a comprehensive explanation of the GROW model on the background page. Here is a shorter synopsis:
The GROW model: A simple process for coaching and mentoring. (2014) Retrieved from www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_89.htm
The structure of the Live Case (As a reminder, each case involves three separate activities.)
Each module will follow this cycle: Plan, execute, report
- Before the coaching session, write up a plan using course readings or additional research as a resource (1-2 pages).
- Then meet with the coachee and use your plan as a guide for the session.
- The bulk of the report is on how it went, including successes and failures. What would you do differently next time? (3 to 5 pages).
What are your goals for the session?
What actions do you plan?
How will you know if you are successful?
Meet with coachee (45-50 minutes).
Report on the session.
Provide a narrative descriptive summary of the conversation as it occurred (1 or 2 paragraphs).
How do you feel the session went?
Analyze the process and outcomes of your coaching.
What new knowledge did you gain?
What would you do differently next time?
In this module you will be focusing on helping guide your coachee through the G and R phases of the Grow model. To further prepare for this case, read the following article from the Trident Library:
Cook, Sarah. (2009) Contracting and goal setting, in Coaching for High Performance. Cambs, Ger: IT Performance, pp 61-72.
- Choose a problem/issue/behavior that you would like to change and that can be dealt with in an appropriate time frame (8 weeks).
- Set SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time sensitive).
- Examine the current reality.
- Write up this meeting as indicated in the Keys to the Assignment, below.
- Turn in your 4- to 6-page paper to TLC by the due date.
Keys to the Assignment
- After reading the background materials for this module and doing additional research if needed, prepare your pre-coaching plan for a 45-50 minute session:
- What are your goals for this session? How will you know if you are successful?
- What skills will you use?
- How will you go about doing this?
- What questions will you ask?
- Conduct your coaching session (45 to 50 minutes).
- Write up your post-coaching reflection.
- Report the facts of the coaching session.
- What went well and what did not?
- What did you learn about coaching from this session?
- What would you do differently next time?