Create a hypothetical organization with details including geographic location(s), number of employees in each location, primary business functions, operational and technology details, potential threats to the business and its technology, and anything else that you believe is relevant to the business.
Assume this organization is lacking in its contingency planning efforts and requires assistance in ensuring these efforts are appropriately addressed to increase its overall security and preparedness posture.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
- Provide an overview of the organization and indicate why contingency planning efforts are needed and how these efforts could benefit the business.
- Develop a full contingency plan for the organization. Include all subordinate functions / sub plans, including BIA, IRP, DRP, and BCP efforts.
- Determine the policies and procedures that would be needed for all contingency planning efforts. Detail the role of the policy / procedure, and explain how each would help achieve the goals of these efforts.
- Detail the processes to utilize in order to fully implement the contingency plan and its components, and explain the efforts to consider in maintaining the plans.
- Create a hypothetical incident scenario where the contingency planning efforts would need to be utilized and detail: a. How the plan is sufficiently equipped to handle the incident. b. a timeline for the incident response and recovery efforts.
- Identify any ethical concerns that are specific to this organization and its incident response personnel (especially the CP Team Leader), and explain how to plan for these concerns.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.