Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The DSM-5-TR is a diagnostic tool. It has evolved over the decades, as have the classifications and criteria within its pages. It is used not just for diagnosis, however, but also for billing, access to services, and legal cases. Not all practitioners are in agreement with the content and structure of the DSM-5-TR, and dissociative disorders are one such area. These disorders can be difficult to distinguish and diagnose. There is also controversy in the field over the legitimacy of certain dissociative disorders, such as dissociative identity disorder, which was formerly called multiple personality disorder.
We will examine the controversy surrounding dissociative disorders. We will also explore clinical, ethical, and legal considerations pertinent to working with patients with these disorders.
· Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2015).
Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry (11th ed.). Wolters Kluwer.
· Chapter 12, “Dissociative Disorders”
· Osmosis. (2017, November 20).
Dissociative disorders – causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, pathology
Links to an external site.
[Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/XF2zeOdE5GYLinks to an external site.
· Mad Medicine. (2019, August 18).
Dissociative disorders (Psychiatry) – USMLE Step 1
Links to an external site.
[Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/Iz03M9pwhs0Links to an external site.
· Grande, T. (2018, October 22).
The dissociative identity disorder controversy (Trauma vs. Iatrogenic) Links to an external site.
. [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqTP0CP9aDk
· Review this week’s Learning Resources on dissociative disorders.
· Locate at least three scholarly articles that you can use to support your Assignment.
THE ASSIGNMENT (2–3 PAGES)
· Explain the controversy that surrounds dissociative disorders.
· Explain your professional beliefs about dissociative disorders, supporting your rationale with at least three scholarly references from the literature.
· Explain strategies for maintaining the therapeutic relationship with a client that may present with a dissociative disorder.
· Finally, explain ethical and legal considerations related to dissociative disorders that you need to bring to your practice and why they are important.