Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Data Quality Assessment and Integrity
The graduate evaluates key concepts and skills from health information management (HIM) standards and policies to ensure data quality and integrity in an HIM environment.
Health information management (HIM) professionals are responsible for promoting and maintaining data quality standards. As organizations continue to adopt information systems for managing health information, the implementation of standardized clinical vocabularies and terminologies will change how health information is exchanged across the continuum. In this task, you will read the three attached articles that discuss how the use of standardized clinical vocabularies and terminologies will support data quality requirements for the health record and success of health information exchange among organizations and within geographic regions.
You are an HIM manager in a healthcare organization, and you are responsible for training your staff of medical coders and documentation analysts on the principles of data quality. In this task, you will create a multimedia presentation to accomplish this training.
Part I: Key Concepts of Data Quality
A. Provide a brief narrative summary (suggested length of 1â€“2 paragraphs per summary) of each of the three attached articles.
Part II: Training Presentation
B. Create a multimedia presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) to train a staff of medical coding professionals and documentation analysts on the importance and principles of data quality. Include presenter notes for each slide (suggested length of 1â€“2 paragraphs of notes per slide).
1. Include a title slide to introduce your presentation. Be sure to include the state in which you reside.
2. Include at least one slide that conveys how data quality is improved by the use of standardized terminologies.
3. Include at least one slide that conveys how data quality requirements may be included in organizational policies or processes.
4. Include at least one slide that conveys how clinical documentation improvement (CDI) and data quality are related.
5. Include at least one slide that explains why data quality is critical to gathering statistical data (e.g., for public health reports, disease registries, or other large-scale needs).
6. Include at least one slide explaining how to identify data quality problems and their root causes and how to manage or fix them.
C. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
File name may contain only letters, numbers, spaces, and these symbols: ! – _ . * ‘ ( )
File size limit: 200 MB
File types allowed: doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, odt, pdf, txt, qt, mov, mpg, avi, mp3, wav, mp4, wma, flv, asf, mpeg, wmv, m4v, svg, tif, tiff, jpeg, jpg, gif, png, zip, rar, tar, 7z