Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This discussion forum presents an accident investigation that examines the fuel and ignition system components. However, the investigation resulted in no determination of the possible cause(s) for the engine failure. This discussion forum will facilitate an understanding and application of the relationship between reciprocating engine system components as related to an aircraft accident. This is an actual accident and you are expected to apply investigative techniques to this case study. As with many investigations, not all the information will be available to the investigator. Therefore, an investigator must apply his/her knowledge and consider other potential contributing factors, which is sometimes called taking a 360-degree view of the accident factors.
You will learn much more from participating in the investigation without any previous knowledge of the events or circumstances. But if you are familiar with the accident, or have done a little research and discovered the causes of the accident, please allow your classmates the opportunity to perform their own assessment.
You are expected to assess the accident case study and respond to each of the following questions in the discussion post:
- Explain if the Continental Engine Airworthiness Directive has a potential association with this accident.
- What system components likely contributed to the engine failure? Explain why you believe the components contributed or did not contribute.
- In you own words, what do you believe really happened?
- What possible factors contributed to the engine failure (e.g., processes, procedures, maintenance, environmental, operational, etc.)?
- What, if anything, would you do differently in the investigation?