Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Part 1: Brain Games, Perception, and Memory
- Go to the following website and watch the following clip from the National Geographic Show Brain Games.http://natgeotv.com/ca/brain-games/videos/train-of-thought (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. Watch the video (Train of Thought) and play along, pausing as necessary. Write down your answer before finishing the clip. How accurate was your memory. If you made a mistake, why do you think you made an error?
- Go to the following website and watch the following clip from the National Geographic Show Brain Games.http://natgeotv.com/ca/brain-games/videos/switcheroo (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. Watch the video (Switcheroo). How many people notice the switch? Why does this occur? What concepts from the sensation and perception chapter can explain what happened? How do the results of this study compare with the results of the Invisible Gorilla (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. study by Chabris & Simon that is described in the Sensation and Perception Powerpoint lesson.
- Is what you saw in the two Brain Games video clips above consistent with what you learned about perception and memory? What does this suggest about the importance of attention in shaping perception and memory?
Part 2 : Sleep
Go to the APA Monitor website and select ONE of the articles below to read.
The Science of Naps
The Night Shift – Circadian Rhythyms
- Write a 2 paragraph summary of the article (the summary must be written in your own words and not copied or plagiarized from the article).
- Write one more paragraphs describing how what you read connects to what you learned in class earlier this semester. For example, were the results of the article consistent or inconsistent with what you learned in class? What new things did you learn from the article?
Part 3: Smartphones and Psychology
Read the following article from the APA Monitor website. Disconnected- The Effects of Smartphones
- Write a 2 paragraph summary of the article (the summary must be written in your own words and not copied or plagiarized from the article). What is FOMO? According to the article, how does the excessive use of electronic devices affect us psychologically?
- How many times per day do you check your phone? How much time do you spend on your phone or other electronic device (e.g., tablet, computer, etc.) every day?
- Does your phone usage affect your sleep?
- Do you think your use of technology affects your real-life relationships? In what ways?
- Do you experience FOMO? According to the article, what kind of safeguards can we take to protect ourselves from the potential negative impact of excessive technology use? Do you think you will use any of these? Why or why not?
Please use the section headings and question numbers when writing up your answers so that you keep your work organized (e.g., Part 1, part 2, etc.). DO NOT include the questions in your write up. DO USE full sentences and essay style responses. Don’t forget to proofread for spelling and grammar.