Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
As discussed in class, test one is an essay test and you will be choosing 3 of the following topics to analyze – it is expected that you will prepare ahead of time! Examples must be analyzed using course vocabulary and also must be clearly identified by date, title etc as available. Absolutely no use of any outside sources is permitted – you may choose an example of a work of art which you found online etc but you may not use online websites etc for content. Do not use the same example more than once on this test.
1. Compare and contrast the greek and roman styles of art. In your discussion, you must use two specific works of art – one for Greek and one for Roman. remember to discuss how these works reveal similarities and differences in cultural values. Be sure your discussion includes references to both idealism and realism.
2. Describe three Eyptian works of art (architecture, painting or sculpture) which all reflect the same specific cultural value – explain how each does so.
3. Describe the history, purpose and specific features of a gothic cathedral. Describe at least one specific cathedral in your essayand describe at least four specific features of it.
4. Cpmpare and contrast the classical and hellenistic greek styles – again using specific example of each.
5. Compare and contrast the ancient greek representation of humanity to that of the medieval view of humanity – again, specific example of each must be used in your essay.
6. Compare and contrast the greek Parthenon to the roman Pantheon – purposes, features, style etc – and again, what this comparison/contrast tells us about these two cultures
Please do not quote from the text – it is far better to write your own thoughts! NOTE: The only resources you should consult are the course resources and the text again, no direct quotes should be used – use of online sources is not encouraged and undocumented use will result in a grade of zero and possible dismissal from course (see university policy on academic dishonesty) – please ask me if you have any questions about this!