Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 1: Dissect criminal justice ethical issues and practices.
- Competency 2: Apply human rights standards.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in writing.
In this unit, you have explored some of the ways that police use authority, power, persuasion, and force. All of those rights are reflected in the need for police to act in their capacity of law enforcement officers to fight crime. Those rights are acknowledged to be appropriate when needed to take a suspect of a crime into custody. Lately, however, the headlines have been full of situations in which police are being viewed as having exceeded their rights. Police forces, local governments, and even society as a whole are now faced with deciding when force is excessive and whether certain actions are unethical, racist, and even illegal.
For this assignment, review the Ethical Reactions in Law Enforcement media. Explain what you would do as a criminal justice professional in this situation.
In your paper:
- Explore the ethical issues associated with shooting at the driver.
- Analyze the ethical ramifications of shooting at the driver’s tires.
- Evaluate the ethical impact of waiting to see what happens and dealing with the aftermath.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: Support your ideas and opinions with appropriate resources.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations as per current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: Three pages, not including the title page and the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.