Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For your final Film & Lit Analysis paper/project you will explore werewolves from a cultural perspective. You have two choices this week you can either choose to write a paper or you can choose to create an infographic. There are two restrictions on your work this week, you can’t choose the European Werewolf and you can’t choose the Navajo Skinwalker these topics are off limits.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 pm
Assignment Details for Paper:
The concept of shapeshifting into animals is not one isolated to Europe. Cultures all across the globe had versions of animalistic shapeshifters, people who can turn into an animal and then back again to human. While this week we have focused on the werewolf, shapeshifting was not constrained to the wolf, all types of animals have been the subject of these stories over the years. Often the type of animal reflects the cultural beliefs of a society. Conducting research identify an animalistic shapeshifter or shapeshifting tradition from a non-European culture. Using the academic approaches discuss the characteristics of the were creature in question.
Things to think about:
- Role/purpose of shapeshifting in that society
- Does the shapeshifting represent the manifestation of a societal/cultural fear?
- Why that particular animal is used, what is the animal’s significance?
- Paper should be 3-5 pages long double spaced using 12-point font in either Times New Roman or Calibri
- Formatting should follow MLA formatting guidelines as outlined at Purdue OWL
- You must use at least 2 scholarly sources for your paper (if you have questions on how to determine scholarly sources see the Evaluating Sources library guide)
- At least one of your sources needs to be something you find on your own.
- All papers should be saved as a .doc, .docx or as a .PDF
- Papers are to be uploaded to the Assignment tool in ulearn.
- Do not copy and paste your paper into the assignment tool.
Assignment Details for Infographic:
In your infographic make sure that you include the following information:
- Name of the shapeshifter you are analyizing.
- What does it look like (Image if possible – if not why)
- Culture it comes from and where they are located
- Structural analysis – Key Facts
- How does one become this shapeshifter?
- Other important facts to the folklore
- Function in society
- What is its purpose
- Psychological analysis
- What cultural concerns or fears does this represent
- Are there rules, sayings, or superstitions surrounding this creature
- List of your sources (at least 2 scholarly sources