Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Here are the instructions for this assignment:
- Find the most recent and past 2-3 years annual reports for a publicly-traded company which interests you. You will use this company’s reports as the basis for your discussion responses throughout the course. This company should be earning a profit and operate in basically one industry (avoid banks and insurance companies since they present information somewhat differently). Do not use Starbucks Corporation as this is used in the continuing case throughout the text. Using the Annual Report of a publicly-traded company of your choosing, answer the following questions in this discussion.
- What are the Sales (also called Net Sales, Net Revenue, or Operating Revenue) for the most recent three years? This is normally the largest number.
- What are the Net Incomes (also called Net Earnings) for the most recent three years?
- What are the average total assets?
- Calculate the return on assets. Show your calculations.
- How does the company’s return on assets compare to its competitors?
- How well do you think this company is operating? Explain your answer.
- Post the name of your selected company and the link to the statement with your discussion post. You may use a service such as Yahoo Finance to help research industry averages. The notes to the financial statements will also be of use in answering the discussion questions. For many of the ratios in the discussion, you will need 2-3 years’ worth of financial data.
- Read the posts of your classmates on their chosen companies, review the applicable Income Statements, and reply to at least two of your peers.