Paul2021-08-22 19:49:212021-08-22 19:49:21indv proj 2
|Phase 2 Individual Project
||12–15 slides with speaker notes
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due byMonday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Library Research Assignment
You have just been elected sheriff in your county. The county manager informs you that there will be several truckloads of hazardous material that will be coming through a major thoroughfare in your county sometime after midnight next week. He requests your presence at a meeting with the trucking officials to discuss your hazardous materials (HAZMAT) response capabilities in the event of an accident. You contact your chief deputy who informs you that there is no plan in place. You are now tasked the responsibility of coming up with a plan that provides some recommendations on the potential impact to cities within your county, in the case of an accident.
- Using the Library, course materials, textbook, and Web resources, research county and local HAZMAT response planning.
- Address the following in 12–15 PowerPoint slides with speaker notes:
- Which governmental agencies in your area need to be involved in developing this plan? Why?
- What specific areas should the agencies be addressing? Explain.
- What types of mutual agreements and personnel training should be provided? Explain.
- What other action plans should be developed? Why?
- If a hazardous materials accident should happen, what would be your response?
- Remember to use scholarly resources to fully support your arguments.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Course Materials (1)
Course Materials (2)
||Monday, Jun 02, 2014
- Identify the organizational structure and administration of law enforcement agencies, with particular emphasis on police departments.
- Describe law enforcement policies, procedures and leadership along with current personnel issues.
||No comments have been made