Final Case Analysis Paper
The Final Case Analysis Paper should demonstrate understanding of the reading as well as the implications of new knowledge. The eight-page paper should integrate readings and class discussions into work and life experiences. It may include explanation and examples from previous experiences as well as implications for future applications.
The purpose of the Final Case Analysis Paper is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by describing your understanding and application of knowledge in the field.
Focus of the Final Case Analysis Paper:
The Final Case Analysis Paper should focus on real life, real time application of topics covered in this course; the uses you have seen and the uses you can envision. The paper must be submitted to your instructor no later than 11:59 pm of the time zone in which you reside on the last day of class.
Read Mattel and Toy Safety, which is Case Eight in the Cases in Business and Society section at the end of the book. This case describes the 2007 Mattel toy recalls, which were in response to findings that several childrenâ€™s toys were coated in lead-based paint.
Write an eight to ten page paper that addresses the following questions. Support your opinions with scholarly research.
- Do you believe that Mattel acted in a socially responsible and ethical manner with regard to the safety of its toys? Why or why not? What should or could Mattel have done differently, if anything? Be sure to support your answer using your research findings.
- Who or what do you believe was responsible for the fact that children were exposed to potentially dangerous toys? Why do you think so? Be sure to support your answer using your research findings.
- What is the best way to ensure the safety of childrenâ€™s toys? In responding, please consider how the following groups would answer this question: government regulators (in the U.S. and China); consumer advocates, the toy industry, childrenâ€™s product retailers; and standard-setting organizations. What might explain the differences in their point of view? Be sure to support your answer using your research findings.
- What do you think is the best way for society to protect children from harmful toys? Specifically, what are the appropriate roles for various stakeholders in this process? Be sure to support your answer using your research findings.
Writing the Final Case Analysis Paper
The Final Case Analysis Paper:
- Must be eight double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title page, reference page, exhibits, etc.) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a clearly stated thesis or topic.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. That is, what is your response to the content, either positive or negative, and then defend your position. If multiple options/alternatives/positions are present and are being rejected you must also defend the reasons for rejecting an option.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis or topic and a closing paragraph that summarizes the main point or points of your paper.
- Must use at least four scholarly resources
- Must use APA style as outlined in your approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved APA style guide.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.