Chapter 4 of your text provides an in-depth look at the elements that help make up a good childrenâ€™s book. For this assignment, you will create a lesson plan devoted to one of those key elements. You will first decide on a grade level to teach this lesson to. Next, choose a story that you feel is developmentally appropriate for that grade level. Then, plan a lesson that utilizes that story. Your lesson needs to focus on introducing or teaching one of the story elements shared in Chapter 4 such as: character, plot, setting, theme, or even beginning, middle, or end.
You can create a three- to four-page Word document. If you choose to create a word document, it must include the following:
- The grade level you are working with.
- The title and author of the book you are utilizing.
- All aspects of the lesson (use the lesson plan template for a reference).
- At least one story map from Story Maps, along with an explanation of how you will utilize it within the lesson development section of the lesson plan template.
- A closing summary explaining which of the guidelines for evaluating characteristics of quality childrenâ€™s literature (from Section 4.4 of your text) you took into account when choosing the literature for this lesson.