British Agricultural Revolution
,” and “
The Origins of the Industrial Revolution in England
Read the PowerPoint lecture below. It will also help you complete your Industrial Revolution Graphic Organizer.
BBC – History
to explore the conditions that created the industrial revolution and see its effects on the society.
- Overview: Victorian Britain 1837-1901
- Major Events of Victoria’s Reign: “The Chartist Movement” “Reforming Acts” “A Country of Two Nations“
- Britain’s Industrial Revolution: “The Workshop of the World” “All Change in the Victorian Age“
- Victorian Technology and Innovation
- Daily Life in Victorian Britain: “Women’s Work”
” practices and a lack of organization among workers allowed factory owners to dictate working conditions with an eye on profit not people. Initial attempts at reform were often met with violence, as was the case in the “
The War Between Capital and Labor
” and “
Impact of the Industrial Revolution
” — scroll through and read the whole page. You will find hyperlinks to several terms from your Unit 3 study guide. Follow these links to take notes.
Be sure your answers are in your own words and not just copied from the reading.
- What are some of the key causes of the Industrial Revolution?
- How did the Agricultural Revolution contribute to the Industrial Revolution in England?
- Identify 3 important inventions of the Industrial Revolution and explain their impact.
- What was life like for ordinary people in England? For factory workers?
- What problems were created as people moved from the country to the cities?
- What are some of the major consequences of the Industrial Revolution?