Research Project (25%)
Each student will prepare a 10 page paper that addressing the following question:
What is the greatest challenge to US healthcare, why, and what would you recommend?”
To fully address this question, the analysis may consider the following:
· What role is played by government?
· Identify and analyze current trends in healthcare, including information technology, biotechnology, smart phones, health informatics, and other relevant technologies in the context of the overall US healthcare system.
· Address the impact of various stakeholders and influencers.
· How do education, workforce availability, and human capital issues affect healthcare?
· Identify key factors driving or limiting the further growth of healthcare.
· How do the social determinants of health impact? What other external factors might influence healthcare?
· Deliberate on the roles of professional obligation and ethics.
Grading considerations will include the following factors and apply the same rubric as above.
· Paper is 8 – 10 pages in length (not including cover page and references), is double spaced, uses 12 point font, and uses correct grammar and spelling
· Five external citations are included using APA style
· The paper identifies the issue, examines contributing factors, and applies critical analysis toward drawing a well-founded conclusion.
· All major assertions and predictions about the future are not just personal opinions but are supported by clear and coherent logic and appropriate external references