Research two (2) manufacturing or two (2) service companies that manage inventory and complete this assignment.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Determine the types of inventories these companies currently manage and describe their essential inventory characteristics.
- Analyze how each of their goods and service design concepts are integrated.
- Evaluate the role their inventory plays in the companyâ€™s performance, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Compare and contrast the four (4) different types of layouts found with each company; explain the importance of the layouts to the companyâ€™s manufacturing or service operations.
- Determine at least two (2) metrics to evaluate supply chain performance of the companies; suggest improvements to the design and operations of their supply chains based on those metrics.
- Suggest ways to improve the inventory management for each of the companies without affecting operations and the customer benefit package. Provide a rationale to support the suggestion.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.