Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment #4 Parent/Family Program (25 points)
Most teachers and other staff in early intervention and early childhood special education programs design or help to plan and implement a program to provide information and support for the parents and/or other family members of their students. Write a brief (8-12 page) paper describing your “ideal” parent/family program , supported by research. Include a minimum of 10 references, including no more than two websites. Remember to use the APA Publication manual for correct citation format. Include:
In the body of the paper:
- An introduction to/description of your program, including your goals for family involvement
- Your philosophy about family involvement (e.g., why is this important? How will this impact on your effectiveness as a teacher and on the childâ€™s development?)
- At least five methods for two-way communication between home and school that you would use, plans for at least one activity for each month
- What strategies would you use to increase parent—and teacher/staff and community–involvement?
- How would you empower families?
- Ways that families can be involved (school-based)
- Ways that families can be involved (when they cannot come to the school due to work and/or other obligations or lack of transportation, child care, etc.)
- And other items indicated in the checklist in Appendix G.
In the appendices of your paper:
- Your beginning-of-school-year letter of introduction,
- A needs/interest/preferences survey (for day of week, time of day, types of activities, method of communication, etc.)
- Two samples of flyers, letters, newsletters, or notes home to announce activities/events
- A sample agenda for a meeting, open house, or other activity
- A schedule with a minimum of one family-oriented activity for each