Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Police must obey the law in their effort to control crime. Legal restrictions may hurt the efficiency of police but by obeying the law, police gain social legitimacy. When a police officer violates the law, they jeopardize the rights of the accused and the rights of the innocent. The Fourth Amendment of the Constitution states:
“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable search and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things seized.”
Read Weeks v. United States (Links to an external site.), Silverthorne Lumber Company, Inc., Et Al. v. United States (Links to an external site.), and Mapp v. Ohio (Links to an external site.). For each court case, address the following:
- Explain the main issue or question involved in the case.
- Explain the precedent or laws the court used in order to come to its ultimate conclusion.
- Explain how the court applied the law to the facts of the case.
- Identify the conclusion and restate the issue to provide the final answer.
How have these three cases formed the standards of constitutional searches and seizures in the United States?
- Must be 3 to 4 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper. For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center sources.
- Must use at least 2 credible sources from the Ashford Library in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for an assignment. The Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial will offer further assistance with including supporting information and reasoning.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.