Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Licensure and Certification
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Review the state laws and regulations relating to the practice of counseling for your specialization. Within these regulations, locate the specific areas relating to: (New York City)
- Internship requirements (this may include the fieldwork internship you complete during your degree program as well as any post-degree internship hours that you may need to collect).
- Supervision (who can function as a supervisor in your state and what are the requirements for being a supervisor).
- Licensing/certification (requirements and application process).
- Continuing education requirements for licensed/credentialed counselors (how many hours will you need and how often).
- Information about the grounds for suspension or revocation of a license (list 3 specific things that can get you into trouble in your state).
- As you discuss and summarize your state laws and regulations relating to these five areas of practice, please be sure include the specific legal codes. For example: the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) #4757-13 discusses the licensing of counselors. Your discussion should be written in your own words. Address how these laws impact the licensing process and counseling professionals in general.
- Articulate specific strategies for remaining current of all revisions and amendments to state laws that regulate and impact credentialing, certification, and licensing of counseling professionals. Include steps needed to implement the strategy with the support of at least one peer reviewed journal article.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the assignment and do not detract from the overall message. Your paper should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills.
- References: Your reference list must include APA-approved links to state resources, and at least two peer-reviewed sources. You must use APA sixth edition style to list your references. Refer to the iGuide page APA Style and Format for more information.
- Number of pages: The length of your paper should be 2â€“3 double-spaced pages. Note: Page count does not include cover page or references.
- Formatting: Use APA sixth edition formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, and no bullets. Refer to the iGuide page APA Style and Format for more information.
You are required to submit your final version of this paper to Turnitin to generate a final report prior to submitting the assignment for grading. From the Turnitin tool, first submit to the draft link to check your work for any necessary edits. Once the paper is finalized and all edits have been made, submit your final paper to the Final report option for the assignment. Please be advised it can take up to a day to obtain the percentage from Turnitin. When your paper is downloaded and viewable in Turnitin, save the originality report. Refer to the Turnitin Tutorial: Viewing Originality Reports (linked in the resources) for guidance.
- Submit your assignment using the following file naming format: Your Name_AssignmentNumber_Assignment Title (example: Ima_Learner_u03a1_ClientDescription).
- In the comment section, provide the percentage from the final Turnitin report (example: Final turnitin percentage = 4%). Please be prepared to provide your faculty member with a copy of the Turnitin report should this be requested of you.