Paul2021-08-22 16:41:312021-08-22 16:41:31Mood Disorders and Life Stages
Assignment 1: Mood Disorders and Life Stages
Review the two cases. Based on the information you learned from your assigned weekly readings from your textbook, respond to the following:
- Which of the persons may be more prone to a mood disorder? Apply DSM-IV-TR criteria.
- What else would you need to know to diagnose a mood disorder? Apply DSM-IV-TR criteria.
- What are the primary causal factors of mood disorders?
- If either of the persons were to be treated for a disorder, what are some of the treatment strategy risks or consequences?
- Does the given life stage (childhood, adolescence, adulthood, old age) of the person impact your understanding of the causal factors or treatment strategy?
Write your initial response in 1â€“2 paragraphs. If you refer to research information, cite sources applying APA standards.
By Saturday, September 28, 2013, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, October 2, 2013, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.