Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
A one-page (250-word) paper
Step 1 Research a speech.
Using your course materials and the internet, research a speech that you feel is particularly effective, then analyze each speaker’s style and language strategies.
Step 2 Answer the questions.
In a one-page (250-word) paper, address the following:
- Who was the speaker, and what was that speaker’s main topic?
- What CORE style(s) does the speaker use in his or her speech? Cite the choice of word phrases and other clues from the speech to justify your answer.
- What you believe is the speech’s specific purpose?
- What strategies did the speaker use to achieve the specific purpose of the speech?
- Do you believe the speaker was successful in achieving the specific purpose of the speech?
- How does style and word choice in this speech impact the effectiveness of the message?
- How can you incorporate some of these techniques into your own speeches?
An outline that is based on the format we’ve been using.
Step 1 Select a topic.
Choose a topic that fits into one of the categories of persuasive speeches that was highlighted in the lesson.
Step 2 Review lesson information.
Review the information in Lesson 4 of the course about creating a specific purpose statement and thesis, deriving a question based on the thesis, and using the question to determine the main points to cover in the speech.
Step 3 Provide information about your topic.
In a document, determine and enter the following information about your topic:
- Description of the audience for your speech (you get to define your audience.)
- General purpose
- Specific purpose
Step 4 Select a pattern.
Based on your knowledge of patterns of organizing speech information, select a pattern of organization to use to create an outline for your speech.
Step 5 Open the corresponding outline template document below.
Step 6 Create an outline.
Using the template, create a full-sentence, preparation outline for your speech. Follow the guidelines presented in the lesson for using a consistent set of symbols, using full, and declarative sentences.
Step 7 Save and submit your assignment.
When you have completed the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor using the dropbox.