Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Protein and Water Worksheet
- Draw the basic structure of an amino acid and label each main part. You can draw this and scan it in or use an image from the internet. If you use the internet, please site your source.
- What is an essential amino acid? How many essential amino acids are there?
- Describe the process of transamination:
- When would transamination occur?
- Describe what deamination is:
- When would deamination occur?
- What is a complete protein? Give food sources.
- What is an incomplete protein? Give food sources. How can you make a complete protein out of incomplete sources?
- Define the term denaturing:
- What factors would denature a protein?
- Define the term protein equilibrium:
- What is positive protein balance? When is this the right thing to do?
- What is negative protein balance? What is the consequence?
- Describe how to calculate how much protein to consume each day. Calculate this number for yourself. Show your work.
- Describe the digestion of protein. List each organ and what happens to protein within that organ.
- What are the functions of protein in the body. Describe each.
- What are the risks of a high protein diet?
- Why are people using high protein diets today?
- How much of the body is made up of water? What people would have higher water content? Why? What age group has a lower content of water?
- What are the two fluid compartments in the body?
- What are the main cations and anions in each fluid compartment?
- Define the term selectively permeable. Explain how membranes are selectively permeable.
- Describe how simple diffusion works.
- Define the term osmosis:
- Equilibrium after osmosis occurs is to have an equal ratio of solutes to water on both sides of a membrane. Give an example of what this means:
- If you ate some salty chips and salt concentration increased in the blood, what happens to blood pressure? Why?
- How does water help regulate body temperature? Include the term specific heat in your answer.
- Name 3 other functions of water:
- What is the RDA for water intake for men? Women?
- What are the results of being dehydrated?
- What hormone is released when you are dehydrated? Where does it come from? What stimulates your body to release it â€“ be specific.
- Explain how the kidneyâ€™s regulate the hydration of the body.
- What are the best beverage choices? Why?
Outline Rubric (1)
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDescription of criterion
Total Points: 10.0