Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it. Our writers will complete your order from scratch and make sure it’s completely unique.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This assignment requires you carry out and analyze a real-world negotiation, which encourages you to think about the many everyday situations in which you can negotiate, and challenges you to improve your negotiating skills. For this negotiation you should negotiate something of personal value to you. You should report on your plan, your strategy, and the negotiation results. You can negotiate for anything you would likeâ€”a good or service from a merchant, a salary from a potential employer, etc. This paper should be approximately 5 double-spaced pages. At the end, please review the most important lessons that you learned in this course (including insights from the readings), your key strengths as a negotiator, and how you hope to improve moving forward. The rules are as follows:
- Do not reveal the assignment: You are not allowed to resort to a plea of â€œPlease help me out, this is for a class….â€ You may not disclose this information until the negotiation is completed.
- No purchase necessary: You do not have to buy anything to complete this assignment. You may choose to be the seller or enter a negotiation that does not involve financial terms or a purchase.
- Boundaries: You cannot use negotiation tactics that may be considered unethical, illegal, or potentially harmful to yourself or others.
- Not required to settle: You do not need to succeed in the negotiation in order to complete the assignment. The purpose of this exercise is to facilitate your learning. Often, we learn as much or more from negotiations that fail as from those that succeed. However, if you do fail, please seek feedback from your counterpart on how you could have negotiated more effectively, and write about what you learned from the feedback.
The paper should be no more than 5 pages in length (double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, 1â€ margins). The final reflection paper is graded upon:
- Depth of analysis: Have you correctly employed key concepts to analyze the negotiation? How well have you applied your learning from the course to your analysis of this case?
- Introspection: Have you linked your experiences with your goals for the course and your strengths and weaknesses? What have you learned about your negotiating style and skills from this negotiation experience? What would you do differently in the future?
- Creativity: How unique was the context? How inventive was your strategy? How did you meet expected and unexpected challenges?
- Quality of writing: Have you included the relevant details? Is it interesting and well written?